Contact us or subscribe to our latest news
Canadian Government recently launces new program for Indian students under the name of Study Direct Stream (SDS). The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program will speed up the study visa processing for full-time students who are applying for universities and colleges in Canada. There are few major changes in SDS program for Indian students as compared to SPP program (Student Partners Program). The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program is also supported by Scotiabank, a leading Canadian financial institution which also supports SPP program for Indian students. Scotiabank will provide eligible Indian students with the opportunity to purchase a Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC), which will satisfy the financial statement requirements of the SDS program to apply for Canadian student visa from India under new rules.
Canadian Government recently launces new program for Indian students under the name of Study Direct Stream (SDS). The Study Direct Stream (SDS) Program will speed up the study visa processing for full-time students who are applying for universities and colleges in Canada.
Students applying for a program under SDS must meet the following eligibility criteria:
• Admission to a full-time program in a publicly-funded post-secondary institution such as universities, colleges, institutes or CÉGEP;
• An IELTS score with a minimum band of 6 for each ability (Listening, Reading, Writing and Speaking) taken within past two years;
• Purchase of a special Guaranteed Investment Certificate (GIC) from Scotiabank of CAD$10,000 to cover living expenses for the first year of stay in Canada;
• Proof of payment of the tuition fee for one (1) year; AND
• Upfront medical examination at least one week before submission of the application.
The major advantages of applying under SDS are:
• Streamlined visa process for all SDS eligible institutions.
• Less financial documentation.
• Faster visa processing time.
There are many advantages for Indian students to studying in Canada as compared to any other study abroad destinations. Top reasons to study in Canada for Indian students are:
• Easy PR opportunities for Indian students as compared to any other country
• World class institutions offering various level of education to international students
• Low tuition fee and living expense as compared to any other country with high quality infrastructure
• And a safe and healthy environment for Indian students to study
If you still have some doubts about Study Direct Stream (SDS) or want to ask few more questions about Canada student visa new rules, we are happy to help you. You can contact Canada student visa consultants to clear all your doubts.